Welcome and thank you for considering Cycad Process!
Cycad Process is designed to save engineers time in:
- Determining the Mass and Energy Balance
- Drawing the Process Flow Diagram
- Detailing the Design Criteria
- Detailing the major Equipment List
The program is structured so that the design engineer can easily draw the flowsheet, enter the required data, and compare results with those obtained previously.
The task of checking between different revisions of the mass balance consumes a large amount of time and effort, thus Cycad has automated this task to save you time and money with a straightforward "Compare Cases" function.
An important part of engineering work is preparing documentation. With this in mind, Cycad Process produces four standard reports for the user. These will be presented and discussed as we work through the following tutorials.
The following list of tutorials are in the order that we recommend you work through them, starting with the quick tour of Cycad Process. Thereafter, each tutorial builds on the previous one in order to get the user up to speed.
We welcome and value your feedback and comments. So please don’t hesitate to contact us should you find any typos, notice any issues, catch any bugs, or have anything other comments you wish to make.
- A Brief Tour of Cycad Process
- Tutorial 1 → Modeling a Tank Mixer
- Tutorial 2 → Modeling a Tank Reactor
- Tutorial 3 → Incorporating Energy Balances
- Tutorial 4 → Adding Unit Designers
- Tutorial 5 → Adding Flowsheet Designers
- Tutorial 8 → Managing Project Components & Stream-based Particle Size Distributions
- Tutorial 9 → Modeling Component-based Particle Size Distributions
- Tutorial 10 → Advanced Unit Designers
- Tutorial 13 → Incorporating Reaction Kinetics
- Tutorial 11 → Using Layers
- Challenge → Model a Simple Ammonia Plant in 10 Minutes